|MT105 - How to Gain Media Awareness for Your School|
The key to successful public relations is like writing a good book. There must be a hook at the beginning, a captivating middle, and a satisfying end. You can create successful PR initiatives with specific objectives and end results in mind with a little bit of planning and forethought. This course will show you how to create effective PR campaigns with measurable results.
Module 1: Mastering the PR Basics
- Understand the functions of public relations; how it differs from advertising and marketing.
- Identify your audience(s).
- Craft clear and concise messages that encourage audiences to 'do' something.
- Create a successful PR campaign with measurable results.
Module 2: Driving the News at Your School
- Understand how public relations can generate awareness for your school.
- Develop newsworthy concepts.
- Build relationships with journalists.
- Create successful events.
- Measure results.
Module 3: Planning Successful Events
- Understand the rationale for hosting an event.
- Determine the importance of managing a budget and controlling costs.
- Prepare for emergencies that may hinder your event.
- Determine the success of your event for future planning.
Module 4: Generating New Ideas
- Identify when it's time to develop new PR ideas.
- Understand the importance of brainstorming to generate content.
- Host effective brainstorm meetings.
- Identify when to move forward with your campaign.